- Open the video you would like to "Share".
- Below the video, click on the Share link.
- You will notice a text box containing a web address that you can copy and paste to any web site you wish, either your own web site or on a social media site.
- Next to the text box, you will see a check box with a "Start at:" label.
- Type in the starting point in this text box of the part you wish your friends to see right away.
- The web address will be updated with the time "code" necessary for YouTube to know where to start the video.
- Copy ( CTRL+C ) and paste (CTRL+V) this updated address to your web site.
Sunday, October 20, 2013
YouTube has made many updates to make this simple and straight forward. This functionality was a "secret" and not fairly obvious before, but not any more.